Monday, January 23, 2017

#14: J Black's

The Bar


J Black's. 710 B W 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701

Visited 1/23/17 @ 9:30pm.

UPDATE: J Black's has closed.

The Drink



Perfect Pear. Pear-infused vodka, St. Germain, lemon, champagne. $10.

Refreshing, invigorating, delicious, all of that stuff. This is the part of the journey where my tasting notes usually start to get real simple, but I remember it. I like that the bartender immediately picked this drink when I gave him my spiel; it's good to see that he thought the cocktail list was strong enough to not need to go off-menu.

The Crew


Rome, Travis, Aaron.


Notes


Not pictured are the wings we chowed down on, which were delicious, and probably the main highlight of the visit for me. Mondays are $3 tallboys and 50 cent wings, which is a great deal no matter where you are, or how few other people are in the bar (very few). This bar actually felt slow, so we chowed down on our drunk fuel and watched in approbation as UT finally put OU away, which is always a welcome sight for any true Texan.

No comments:

Post a Comment