Monday, January 30, 2017

#19: The Rustic Tap

The Bar


The Rustic Tap. 613 W 6th St, Austin, TX 78701

Visited 1/30/17 @ 9pm.

The Drink



Mexican martini. $8.50.

In a stunning coincidence, we got yet another bartender from Louisiana, who really put me through my paces trying to determine the perfect drink. I didn't get a chance to find out what all was in it, but it was quite spicy, and strength-wise it was on the Trudy's level. I freaking love pickled okra, even if I associate it more with Bloody Marys. There's no such thing as too much okra, in my opinion.

The Crew


Vince, Sonali, Karen, Aaron.


Notes


Note the strategic positioning of the branded martini glasses in the group photo; our bartender didn't miss a trick. Vince and I are also drinking some incredible Old Camp peach pecan whiskey on the side while Karen and Sonali are Lady and the Tramp-ing my okra.

This place used to be the parking lot for the Hoffbrau restaurant next door, which will have its own separate visit. It's an extension of Hoffbrau, but the bars are different and they serve their own (excellent) food. In any case, Rustic Tap was a great time. There are interesting chandeliers made out of liquor bottles, which could have seemed like lazy college student decoration but came off well. If you like outdoor bars you will love this, because it's ALL outdoors. Plenty of games, plenty of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment