Tuesday, February 7, 2017

#27: Little Woodrow's

The Bar


Little Woodrow's. 520 W 6th St, Austin, TX 78701

Visited 2/8/17 @ 7pm.

The Drink



Shiner Cold-Brew coffee ale. $4.50.

Shiner's 108th birthday beer is a collaboration with Chameleon Cold-Brew from Austin, so it's not only tasty but semi-local as well. I'm more used to finding coffee in porters and stouts, but I have no complaints about the ale whatsoever. I remember when Shiner was a mainstay of my college drinking, since it was the about the most prominent Texas beer around. Now there's a zillion different microbreweries, so I barely drink it anymore, but it's nice to be reminded that they're still turning out quality beers. 5.0% ABV.

The Crew


Rome, Aaron, Travis (not pictured), Chris (not pictured).


Notes


When I lived and worked in south Austin, I spent a decent amount of time at the Southpark Meadows location of Little Woodrow's, but now that I live and work north of the river I've switched to others, like the Burnet one that's just down the street from me. It's an outdoorsy patio take on the sports bar template. Rome and I watched about 2 seconds of the start of Houston @ Tulane before the rest of our crew showed up. I'm not a big fan of basketball in general, whether pro or college, but sometimes if you're not in an active conversation you just want to watch people play sports instead of staring at your phone, which is why it shows up so often in these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment