Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Nina's Opinion-yas Part 1: Z'Tejas, 24 Diner, Hut's Hamburgers, The Grove


Z'Tejas 24 Diner Hut's Hamburgers The Grove

Challenge: Where to get the best hangover food.
Participating in this challenge was partly motivated by my ever present “FOMO” syndrome and as well as the slight disdain I feel for my liver. Our first stop was Z’Tejas where I indulged in some flowery drink I can’t remember anymore.  More noteworthy were the nachos appetizer as the guacamole had the most unusual texture. The avocados had been either frozen or given an additive because I have truly never seen such a solid (in nature) avocado. We even held the container upside down and it didn’t fall out! It tasted normal however. Next we went to 24 Diner where I grabbed the breakfast hash, a solid drunk food staple. Though I wasn’t intoxicated, I knew that I had to lay a solid food foundation if I wanted to be awake for the rest of the journey. I believe I had an elderflower drink here that was pretty divine. We made a pit stop at Hut’s Hamburgers for burgers and I unabashedly split a greasy yet delicious pastrami sandwich with another person. Though 6th street complete may be an epic drinking adventure, I apparently took it upon myself to eat my way through it. I can truly say that all of the food choices were tasty and filling. By the time we reached the Grove I had tapped out of the race but I did like the bar ambience.
Nina Verdict: If you’re hungry go to 24 Diner either prior to or after embarking on a 6th street soiree. Their breakfast hash is hearty, filling, and can last as a return-from-the-bar meal if you remember to take it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment