Saturday, January 14, 2017

"The Rome Zone" – Cover 3 and Night Cap



Aaron wanted us to fill in blog with our impressions along his trek. I am Rome. These are our first two stops.

I’m not a fancy man.  West 6th is not the place for me. My ideal bar is dark, dirty, and cheap, with good beer on tap. 

Cover 3 is a decent sports bar chain. I had a $10 old fashion. The drink was good, the restaurant was quiet and clean. But I was bored and ready to go.

It was a short walk to the next bar. We skipped Winflo that night since it was already closed. Aaron and Travis doubled back the next day.  

Nightcap is an upscale bar built in an old house. Lots of people in nice clothes, probably on a date. I sat on the patio couches and watched my friends play corn-hole as traffic zoomed by, drinking my “Cough, Please”: a hot cocktail with honey whiskey, lemon, and whole star anise. Everyone’s cocktails were good. Honestly, I could have stayed there for hours. I love a good patio. 


I’ve never been to a restaurant with dental floss and laundered cloth towels in the bathroom before.

No comments:

Post a Comment